Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Will Cheney Resign??

Cheney resignation rumors fly

US News is reporting rumors that Vice President Cheney will resign over the CIA leak and that President Bush will appoint Secretary of State Rice to the VP slot. And wouldn't that set her up nicely for the Presidential bid in '08? I'm only concerned because I work for State and it's quite possible, if these rumors are true -- and they clearly might not be -- that I would have a new boss soon, which affects a lot of things here, least of which is the fact that we must change every living document to reflect the change. And didn't we JUST do that??

According to US News:
"It's certainly an interesting but I still think highly doubtful scenario," said a Bush insider. "And if that should happen," added the official, "there will undoubtedly be those who believe the whole thing was orchestrated – another brilliant Machiavellian move by the VP."
Very interesting this theory that the administration could be orchestrating this in an effort to set up another republican win for 08. I'd vote for Condi. I'm loyal.

1 comment:

timoni said...

I like Condi, too, but unfortunately not her politics. *sigh* I doubt it'll really happen. But if it DOES, they better wait till we all have new and more fulfilling jobs elsewhere.