Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Word of the Day: Chatological

Definition: There isn't one.

I can't believe I've gone this long without introducing my favorite Tuesday afternoon activity. Same place. Same time. Washington Post, 12pm. Gene Weingarten, the funniest man at the Post holds an Internet Chat called Chatological Humor aka Tuesdays with Moron. I have become a regular observer of Gene's chat over the last two years and if I don't read at least part of it by COB Tuesday I know my priorities are out of order.

Last week, Gene's readers suggested a FAQ page to explain to new chatters why this chat is worth your time. And believe me, it is. My favorite q&a:
Q. Isn't this The Washington Post? Why hasn't Gene been fired?
A. We're not sure. Maybe next week.

I've definitely wondered over time why Gene hasn't been fired, but his is the most entertaining and fun chat on the Post, so I say keep him! Check it out (but only if you're bored).

Other good news today: I got a ticket to Germany for New Years! So excited. It's only 14 days until I leave for Oregon for Christmas and I'm so excited to see my neice and nephew and cousin's baby. This year has been a year full of blessings. And our small group Christmas Party is on Saturday so we're decorating the Christmas tree tonight and I'm really excited for that.

1 comment:

timoni said...

Chatalogical is an awesome word. :) And OMG(osh) it's only 18 days till Christmas! Insanity!

Have fun in Germany. ;) And make sure you tell Chip, Martha, Judy, Kathy, Alex, and everybody at Abbtech before you go.