Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Word of the Day: Progress


76000 / 85000 words. 89% done!

I found this really cool word meter on another writer's blog and figured I had to have one of my own. Since I'm almost finished with my book, it won't be nearly as fun and interactive, but I like it anyway. I'll start fresh with it when I start in on the second book in the series. I'm also thinking about running a contest to name my second book. I'm really no good at titling. Silly thing for a writer to admit. But it's HARD!

Okay, so after my last revision, I cut the novel down to 76,000 words. I'm aiming for 85,000, so I still have a lot of layering to do in order to add the last 9. This should be no problem in relatively short order because I'm used to this approach of writing. I tend to write a first draft that is rather devoid of layers. Then I go back in during edits and layer in the good stuff. I find this keeps me from getting caught in the weeds of trying to make everything perfect the first time. It always comes out in the end anyway, no matter how I started out. So, 9,000 words and I'm 100%! Query letter almost done. Synopsis on the way.

No comments: