Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Today, April 4, 2007....

I am finally posting a new blog entry to explain my extended absence. I was thinking last night that some people might thing I never returned from Egypt. But no, alas, I did return. I had a great time. Egypt is incredible, from almost every aspect.

The reason I'm posting now is to say that I have decided to take a short break from maintaining my blog in order to devote my time and energy to a new novel I'm writing. It is entitled Inauguration Day. I, admittedly, have been working on it for months and months, but I haven't been very serious about it, and now I've come to the conclusion that I'll still be working on it this time next year if I don't kick it into gear. So I'm taking a short hiatus from the blog in order to write the novel. Check the bookstore nearest you for a copy of Inauguration Day in about 2 years.

Thanks for reading. Check back later for more updates.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess I'm going to have to TALK to you now to find out what's going on with you! (grin) Anyone for tea? Hey, isn't Gene Weingarten's weekly chat supposed to start up again soon?

Anyway, good luck with your book!

Unknown said...

"Short" break? I say the break is over by any reasonable definition of the word ("short" that is).

Unknown said...

Should have noted that it's 5/31 (also, contrary to the time stamp, it's 2:41 - I'm not staying here an extra hour just b/c someone forgot to "spring forward").

Kim and Rudy said...

Lovin your blogs sister...keep them coming!!! I need to comment more!!!