Friday, March 21, 2008

Word of the Day: Mole

EW.com reports, 'The Mole' Returning to ABC.

How excited am I? When The Mole was on years ago, I watched every episode, was probably their biggest fan, and hoped for a day when I would be picked as a contestant. Why I love the show so much: it's like a 12-part mystery that one must watch diligently in order to crack. If you're lucky, by the last episode you have a slight chance in hell of actually picking the correct Mole. It's endlessly fascinating how creative and sneaky they are in hiding themselves. And I've often wondered if I would make a good Mole. As a writer of mystery/suspense fiction, I think I'd have a darn good chance of fooling millions and walking away with as much cash in the end. But what if I wasn't a good Mole and ended up spoiling the whole thing? I'd have to rethink my career choice, because if I wasn't able to pull off a T.V. show, there'd be no hope of me ever producing a good suspense novel.

No comments: